The Party's Over


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Romsey
September 4th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Looking out of the hotel window this morning we were greeted with our first rain since arriving in England. This surprised us, as although we have generally had cool cloudy weather with some promising days, there has been no rain.
In the hotel dining room we enjoyed breakfast as “morning after” wedding guests appeared, feeling quite good but with the occasional ache in the foot and leg department. It was now time for farewells. This is always the hard part and we suppose this is the sign of having experienced a wonderful occasion the day before.
Before we drove back to London we had to say farewell to our daughter at Romsey railway station because she was off to Wales to take part in opera master classes. On the road it seemed everyone was heading back to London, perhaps because this was the last day of the school holidays. Added to the busyness was the occasional shower of rain. We heard over the radio that the M25 had surface water causing considerable delays, so it was time to take the scenic route. The drive through the countryside was a pleasant change from the very busy motorway and quite relaxing. By the time we reached our destination in London the rain had stopped and the sun was starting to make an appearance.
We are hoping this is a positive omen because tomorrow we leave London and start our next chapter, travelling north to Scotland. We now have to undo all the driving skills we learnt in Europe and learn the skills needed to cope with English and Scottish drivers. We are hoping for patience and tolerance.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb