On the train again !


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Manchester
January 10th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.4807, -2.23451

Had to get up early today as we had an 8.12am train to catch to Manchester, so we all had to jam the last few things in our suitcases and do the final part of cleaning before we had to carry all our bags down those 52 stairs! Poor Clint got that job!
We had to walk luckily downhill all the way to the train station for about 10 minutes then find what platform our train left from. As we were a bit early, we grabbed some breakfast to take with us for the 3.5 hour journey. The countryside was very green and in parts there were still signs of all the rain they had with so much water lying everywhere. We passed many towns between Edinburgh and Manchester, with the hope we would see some huge castles but then we realised they wouldn't want to have their places near a train line!!
We arrived in Manchester and we were meant to be catching a much later train as we were going to walk around Manchester for more sightseeing and some shopping but we all decided that catching an earlier train would be better.
We arrived in Chester just before 2pm
On the next train to ChesterOn the next train to ChesterOn the next train to Chester

This was all we saw of Manchester !
as we were able to get a maxi taxi to take all of us with our 9 bags to our guest house which was only less than 1 km away but saved us trying to drag the bags again through the streets. We were very warmly welcomed, and given a cup of tea!!
We went walking through to the shops and found the main shopping mall with all the tutor style buildings, and just wandered along window shopping. We saw the cathedral but we will do that tomorrow. We walked back to freshen up and then dined locally at the local pub around the corner. 8.30pm and Clint and I were in bed!! Another exhausting day!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Lunch on the train!Lunch on the train!
Lunch on the train!

Looks like alcohol played an important part of our trip!!


11th January 2014

Making me feel homesick !!!
12th January 2014

Nice photos. What a trip! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
12th January 2014

So far everything has been fantastic, it hasn't been as cold as everyone said it would be , but today it was cold! Nothing a few drinks won't fix!!
12th January 2014

WHat is that Bridal Bag you are holding near the "welcome to chester sign" ehh... something else you would like to share ;-)
12th January 2014

Wow, looks like you are on set of Harry Potter...

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb