Edinburgh and Holyrood Palace


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
January 9th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.9503, -3.18761

Today we decided to go for a visit to Holyrood Palace which is located on the bottom of the Royal Mile, so we set off downhill passing many amazing scenes along the way. We bought our tickets and entered the palace, unfortunately you cannot take photos inside, so could only take a few of the areas outside. The Palace was huge, lots of huge painting on the walls and alot of history,it's amazing to think this is where the Queen and her family come and stay when they are in Edinburgh. After leaving the building, we went and saw the ruins from a fire many years ago. Outside the sun was shining, and on the lawns within the Palace gardens, there were squirrels running around munching on the grass! We finished on our tour and decided to have morning tea at the cafe in the Palace, nice hot coffee to warm us up and something to eat!
We then decided to go and see the view up the hill.......the big hill ( Arthurs Seat ) that took about 40 minutes to climb!! Once at the top, the view was spectacular with views all around Edinburgh.
When we got back down,
Looking up the Royal MileLooking up the Royal MileLooking up the Royal Mile

Look at that blue sky! Might be 5 degrees but still had sunshine!
Lorraine and I went through an old cemetery with headstones a few hundred years old, with some not even being readable. We continued down Princes Street( every road here is uphill!!) then back to our apartment to pack.We then went on a paranormal ghost tour! We had no real ghostly experiences, actually we all thought it was boring!!
Out for dinner at Greyfriers Bobby pub then back home to finish packing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The Queen's Gallery At Holyrood Palace The Queen's Gallery At Holyrood Palace
The Queen's Gallery At Holyrood Palace

Well worth NOT going to see!!


12th January 2014

No real paranormal experience... hmmm you must have scared them away with all you chatter!!! ha.. ha.. xx
12th January 2014

How gorgeous is the story of Greyfriars bobby... :-( so cute...
13th January 2014

Bet you girls scared the ghosts away. Great views. Lots of history there.

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb