Manchester - Where the Football Museum was a highlight - enough said !


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Manchester
September 15th 2013
Saved: March 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Manchester 15th and 16th September
Our flight from Dublin to Manchester was a short one. There was barely time for the hostesses to serve drinks !
I’d mistakenly put my toiletries into my carry on baggage so my shampoo, mouthwash and toothpaste was confiscated Drats! A holiday of bad hair and breath awaited me 
The train from Airport into Manchester Picadilly was quick and cheap. We only needed to drag bags a short distance to the Mercure Hotel. Our 7th floor room was small but clean with a nice view to Picadilly Gardens beneath.
We ventured out to find some dinner and were sent to a nice area but nothing appealed to us. Finally we found The Waterhouse Hotel and ate a nice meal there.
Next morning it was still drizzling but domestics took priority and finally we found a Laundromat. Lou didn’t want to tour Manchester United Stadium but was satisfied with a visit to the National Football Museum, which had free entry and loads of interesting film clips and memorabilia over several floors. Even I enjoyed it ! We had Chinese take away for dinner as I had fallen victim of a sore throat.
In the morning we collected our hire car from Salford and headed north towards Scotland


Additional photos below
Photos: 106, Displayed: 22


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

30th September 2013

Manchester.
HVW took part in an Air Race on the opening day of Ringway Airport and won a pewter cup, the climate there is awful, could'nt live annnywhere but Australia for that reason. Know Manchester well, lived there whilst the Avro Factory was being built at Yeadon. Fascinated with your travelog, do a great job. May have to have some more Mabthera for my bone marrow lymphoma as blood tests show it is coming back. Ten years is a great time for it to have lasted. Lots of love and best wishes to you both and gargle every night to avoid the nasty bugs about, always found it most helpful when trvelling and also put Vicks up your nose. Pam.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb