Touring USA, Canada, Caribbean & Mexico 2015 - Strolling the Las Vegas Strip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
March 14th 2015
Published: March 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The weather was perfect here at 28C / 82F for an afternoon stroll. So we headed down the Strip Treasure Island Casino, which of course is Pirate themed. They no longer had the daily shows on the Pirate ship but it was a fun environment and I found a VERY cheeky barstool !!

The Strip was crowded and made more congested by the Street Performers. I felt pity for those in Super Hero outfits. But apart from seeing more flesh than in a string of butcher’s shops it was pleasant.

A Panda themed Slot machine (Pokie machines to us) caught my eye and I slipped a $20 into the slot. First spin of 50C was a winner and the 24 free games paid me out $36.00 which I grabbed and moved on. J
Across the road is the opulent Venetian It has real canals and gondolas that I wanted to see. The sops are covered with the now familiar domed fake sky and all air conditioned. Glad we don’t pay the bills for all that electricity ! It is lovely and spotless and popular. Crystal chandelier hangs everywhere and marble of course and my favourite Venetian lamps. It reminded us of 2011 when we saw the real thing, only the canals didn’t pong.
A quick shop at Walgreens was next and we arrived home about 5:30pm to spend a relaxing time indoors and catching up.
Tomorrow is the Renewal of Vow Ceremony with Elvis. It should be good fun


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb