The Truant


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For the first time ever, I missed sessions at a conference!! Maria and I had realised that in order to survive the nest two weeks of conferences that we would need to manage our session attendance carefully. So we missed the 8:30am session this morning, which worked perfectly for me because I actually "slept in" till 7am and was able to take my time getting ready. The sessions we went to were on empathy and social action and were all quite really quite good. We also had lunch (off campus) with Sue Wilkinson and Celia Kitzinger, who I only met yesterday but who are very lovely people.

On the way home we popped into the tourist info office, then into Primark (terrifying) for a cheap umbrella for me, and then saw some buskers.... with a crazy man dancing in front of them. Gold.

In the afternoon/evening we relaxed at our current home, enjoying some lovely antipasti. Around 8pm we headed out for dinner, having drinks at an old man pub called "The Shakespeare" and dinner at a reasonable Italian place called "Bella Italia". By no means amazing food, but the pizza was lovely and light, the zucchini chips delicious and the pinot grigio blush was refreshingly delightful. We wandered home, taking a few pictures of our surrounds.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb