Manchester 14/05/2008


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

UEFA CUP FINAL 2008

GLASGOW RANGERS V ZENIT ST PETERSBURG


Things got off to a very bad start when Liam and Brooksie who headed to Manchester from Aberdeen at 8am hit the central reservation near Lockerbie and wrote off their car!! After the usual Police involvement they were kindly driven to Lockerbie where they jumped a train to Carlisle and then from there they hired a car to take them to Manchester. A great effort after such a very scary experience.


The main party hooked up at Linlithgow Station at 7am to take a train to Edinburgh that would route them to Manchester.Surprisingly the train journey passed without incident and they were checked into their Hotel by lunchtime!


Thereafter they all headed out in the glorious sunshine and visited various bustling bars within the city centre.


They had to wait till later in the evening untill the rest of the party joined them as Pels drove down from The Deen' with Bo'ness and picked up Babes and PD at Newbridge.

We all partied into the night and as every hour went on more fans arrived to the city.

We all
Train Journey SouthTrain Journey SouthTrain Journey South

ravez and Shoop
awoke early on Wednesday and after breakfast we headed over to one of The Fanzones where we stayed for a couple of hours.However it became very apparent that with the volume of people arriving by the minute it was going to get far too busy to make a day of it.

With this in mind we walked to the outskirts of the Centre, an area where most of the guys were on Tuesday,slightly quieter but still a wonderful party atmosphere.

We stayed there till around 5pm. Most of our group had managed to obtain tickets through one source or another so we made our way to the Stadium,some by courtesy bus and some walked the route. As all of us had single seats we all dispersed to various parts of the ground.

After the game we made our way back to the city centre by the same means that got us there where we were met with thousands and thousands of people.I do not think anyone will see that many people in the one place ever again!

Despite the result not going our way we all agreed this season has been a remarkable journey and let's hope it can be repeated next year!

After another early start on Thursday we said our farewells and all headed north for an early night and have some time to think about a trully wonderfull couple of days in Manchester.

Till the next trip..........................


Additional photos below
Photos: 179, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
The LoyalThe Loyal
The Loyal

The Day Before.
MikeMike
Mike

He has been out all day!!
MikeMike
Mike

Karaoke??
BabesBabes
Babes

His first after - Shock!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb