Tourists for a couple of days.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 19th 2006
Published: October 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


WE'RE HERE, WE'RE HERE, WE'RE HERE,

But you already knew that from our last entry. The last few days have been great, doing all the things a good tourist should.

We started off by taking a bus tour with the Big Bus Company With the tickets being valid for 24hours we stretched it out over two days. Eventhough by the time we got on the bus on the second day our tickets had already expired, but nobody checked our tickets, so lucky us.

The tour was a great way to get to know our way around the city and was an amazing experience to see such an old city from the top of an open double decker bus.

On the first day we took in the sights of such things as Trafalgar Square, The Houses of Parliament which is where the famous Big Ben is located, the London Eye, Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Temple Church(from Da Vinci code), Westminster Abbey and finished the tour by hopping off at Buckingham Palace(home to the Queen). Highlights were the Houses of Parliament, St Pauls Cathedral and Westminster Abbey, the gothic buildings are deffinitely the most
Big BenBig BenBig Ben

Well actually it's the clocktower that holds the famous bell 'Big Ben'.
spectacular. Buckingham Palace is quite plain in comparison to much of the architecture of London but worth a look just to say we'd been there. By the time we had been there we had taken up about five hours of our day so decided to do the rest the following day.

The second day was a much shorter tour, basically doing a loop around Hyde Park. This took around an hour and a half as it's a massive park.
The bus took us past Harrods(the largest department store in London), Victoria & Albert Museum, Science and Natural History Museums, which we have decided is now on the top of our list of must do's, Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Palace, where Princess Dianna lived.

So that's the extent of our sightseeing so far, and are now placing all of our attention of finding a place to call our own and looking for jobs.

The nights so far have been taken up by watching the Champions Leauge either on T.V. at the house or down at the local Pub, The George, which has Plasma's everywhere you look. When I say the local it's only a five minute walk to The George during which we passed another four pubs on the way, It's not hard to find a place to drink in Hammersmith. Although I'm not quite used to the size of the standard dinks here( 1 pint ) which I think is about twice the size of a regular pot. It makes it very difficult or imposible to finish your drink while it's still cold, and is even worse when you are half a drink behind like the other night and along comes another full pint!!!!
This weekend we are booked in to watch Liverpool, my team V's Manchester United, Dean's team in the Premier Leauge on Sunday. Although the way Liverpool have been playing lately I don't think they are much of a chance. Fingers crossed everyone.

Bye for now,

Brian and Lauran






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Tower of LondonTower of London
Tower of London

Where they keep the Crown Jewels.
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Not too sure if the Lady of the house was in?
London BridgeLondon Bridge
London Bridge

Taken from a boat while passing under the bridge. This is for Bradley, I know he wanted to see it.


21st October 2006

Red's
My mate thinks that United will win 3-0 Rooney hat trick!!!! I told him he's crazy.
22nd October 2006

Fantastic Photo's
Hello to you both, The photo's are fantastic, makes us wish we were there with you, seeing those amazing sights. Bradley was very excited to see the London Bridge was still standing. Love to you both, Scott, Tania, Bradley, Nathan and Katelyn xxxxx
23rd October 2006

London at last !!!
Dear Brian and Lauran, Great to see you have been taking in the sights. It must be amazing. I wish we were there too. Lots of love to you both. Mum XXXXXXXXX

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb