1st Day in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
October 16th 2006
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well - as most of you know by now, Brian and I had arrived safely in London.

The flight from Singapore to Dubai seemed to go fast (7 hour flight), but this is probably because we were extremely tired and slept nearly the whole leg. Again, the flight was fairly empty and because we checked in early at Changi Airport, Singapore, Emirates placed us on a flight to Dubai, 1 hour earlier than previously booked (flight left at 2:10am instead of 3.00am - great huh). But because there were a lot of late comers on the plane, the flight left approx 30 mins later than expected.

When we landed in Dubai, we had approx 2 hours to look around the airport. This time actually went very fast. By the time we had a cup of coffee each and changed our clothes, it was nearly time to board the plane for our next leg to Heathrow, London. Yep guys, that means that I left that airport a very disappointed girl, due to Brian not letting me have a good look around the duty-free shops. Yes, that's right, I still have my pocket money in my wallet!!!

Arriving at Heathrow Airport, gathering our items and ready to walk off the plane, Brian realises he has lost his mobile phone. As you can imagine, all hell broke loose as Brian frantically started looking everywhere for his mobile phone. I was trying to keep Brian calm as he was not going to walk off the plane until he found this phone. I got Brian to double check all hand luggage again, making sure that all pockest were checked, as well as the seats underneath and surrounding us just in case in had fallen on the floor. As we were searching for the missing phone, one of the flight attandants approached us and asked if we were okay. We told her we had lost a mobile, so the next thing you know, we have all flight attendants looking for this mobile phone. Moments later, when we had just about given up, I had reached into the front zip of my hand luggage to grab a chewy out, and low and behold, whella, there was the mobile phone. He he he - well you can only out it down to nerves and anxiety.

Heading off into the airport, it was smiles all around when Dean Parkinson was there waiting for us. It was great to see a familar face and friend. Now it was time for the next leg of our trip, destination: Dean's flat via the famous underground.

It was around lunchtime once we had arrived at Dean's flat, so he shouted us our first English Pub lunch - roast chicken & vegetables, my god were the servings large!!!

After a big lunch, we went for a stroll along the famous Thames ( a few minutes walk from the flat) and took in the scenery. I couldn't believe we had finally arrived to our new home town.

Stay tuned to this site for an update on our first few days in London.

All the best,
Lauran & Brian XXXXXX








Advertisement



20th October 2006

ARRIVAL COMPLETED
Pleased to hear you have arrived safe and sound ( mobile phone and all). Excitedly awaiting photos of London. Lots of love, Mum. XXXXXXX

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb