Day 23 London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 5th 2006
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a sound nights sleep and our morning breakfast, ( I have got to get back to fruit & toast) we decided to try and see the London Eye before the McGinty’s had to leave for the airport. We managed just fine . Along with the Gaul’s we all enjoyed the spectacular view of the city. I even managed to contain my fear of heights, and just enjoy. Our last day ,and we all scattered to do the special things we wanted to do. The Faskerud’s went to Covent Garden , The Gaul’s were off to the Tower & Harrods, and Mike and I hopped a train to Hampton Court. It was a relaxing half hour out of town, and a very interesting tour. I was fascinated with the continual construction, and a bit disappointed that so much of “Henry the VIII’s “palace had been torn down for the sake of improvement. I guess I should of researched more. It was still pretty amazing to see how the royals lived. Unfortunately the weather (rain) made it impossible to enjoy the gardens and grounds. Win some, Loose some We came back to the city, but never managed to hook up with the Gaul’s again. We headed towards the theater, and found a great little pub right next door. One more heavy meal for the road. The play was wonderful, and the Londoner’s know how to enjoy. The theater was so alive. It was such a happy, party atmosphere. It was a nice farewell for a wonderful adventure.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb