London, United Kingdom


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 18th 2016
Published: October 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The last part of our trip we went to London. We took a plane from Rzeszow to London. It was about a 2 hour flight. I always wanted to go to England. One reason is because I love the accent. It was my 67th country! Once we arrived in London, we took a train and subway to our hotel (Ibis Hotel City Center).



We took a subway to an Indian restaurant (Potli). We had to wait a little bit for a table. Before the food came, I ordered a mango-coconut lassie which was amazing. We ordered a bunch of dishes which we shared. My favorite one contained shrimp and it was very spicy. Then we took the subway back to our hotel.

In the morning, we took a subway to Buckingham Palace. In the palace, there was a lot of interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth. In one of the parts it showed all the dresses that she wore to special events. After, that we saw the marching of the Buckingham soldiers. We made our way to the front row and they were just walking around with horses and going somewhere. Then we made our way toward Big Ben. We took a bunch of pictures around a big red telephone booth with Big Ben in the background.



After Big Ben, we went to Westminster Abbey. We saw a bunch of tombs that were on the ground and the whole things looked very, very old. We saw the tombs of Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin. Then we went to the Tower of London. In the tower of london there was a museum of torture and a museum of the queen's jewels. The queen's jewels had gold, diamonds and rubies everywhere.

After that, we walked back to our hotel. We then went to this restaurant that did not have much on the menu because it was different menu everyday with fresh food. Me and my dad shared a steak and Ania had fish. All of it was amazing. We then went home and in the morning we took off for Miami.

My top 10 things about this trip were:

1. Illuminati based restaurant in Lviv

2. Coliseum in Rome

3. Food everywhere

4. Meeting Ania's family

5. Vatican Museum

6. Wielickza Salt Mine

7. Wawel Castle in Krakow

8. Buckingham Palace

9. Lviv cemetary (Lychakiv)

10. Streets of Rome


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb