Day 13- London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 25th 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I was slow to rise, this morning . Mike and Butch were up gone by 7:00 . I caught up on all my blogs, but have been very frustrated trying to find the time and a place to log in and publish them. I have not been successful since we left Edinburgh. Tried Starbucks today by their server was down. Will try again in the morning after breakfast. We spent the day in London just reconnecting with everyone and wandering the streets. The McGinty’s arrived, and we finally found the Thomases at the Hilton. No wonder I could not find the at the Marriott last night. We met for lunch, and then took the tube to the Hilton to hook up with Ted. On our way we walked by a Starbucks, looked into the window and there sat Bill Clinton eating a sandwich looking out the window. As we all stopped to look at him, we were politely told by some very large men standing around to let the man have lunch in peace. It seemed reasonable(and he said please) so we left. We decided to take a walking tour on the South of the river. It struck me as quite like our Pearl District. An old run down but very historical area, turned in to a thriving shopping and entertainment area, with just enough of the history left in tact to give it charm. We did some tube hopping and made it home with only one slight detour, or long short cut as they are known. Well I’m shutting this down, and hope you get this tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb