Finding Refuge in Whistable


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 16th 2013
Published: November 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

When we first arrived in London, we were at the coach station. We left most of our bags there for safe keeping. Then we left with Dad's day pack and I had the guitar. We first walked to Buchingham Palace. When we got there the changing of the guard had just started so we got to see a bit of that. There was also a huge march with men on horses who went by the palace. We went and saw the Canadian memorial, that was just in the park beside the palace. It is to commemorate the soldiers that died in the war against the German forces. We continued on our way and saw a marching band start to play as we walked by. We went into an art museum, that was free of charge that day. it had interesting art. There were paintings that looked like they were going to come right out of the canvas. Then we went to Trafalgar Square and watched a street performer. He was doing crazy stunts. He was up on the top of two stacked benches, one smaller than the other, with two piles of three blocks on top of that. He was doing a hand stand with his hands on the blocks. In that position, he pushed away the blocks and landed still in a hand stand on the top bench. When he was finished, we decided to go to the train station to go to Whistable, where we were staying with our Cousins and Aunt. We barely made it onto the train in time, because we didn't hear the call to board. At the first stop on its way, Dad got off because he thought that we had lots of time to get to the front of the train. We wanted to get to the front of the train, because the train splits halfway to our stop. But he was wrong, and once he stepped off the doors closed right behind him. He asked a station master to stop the train from going because I was still on it. The station master said he couldn't do anything about it, but he let Dad use his personal cell phone to call Maureen and tell her that he would be late and ask her to pick me up. While he was doing that and waiting for the next train, I went back and forth through the train looking for him. I decided that he had probably gotten off by accident and I made sure that I was in the right part of the train to get out in Whitstable. When I got out, I found Maureen and we waited for Dad. We got to the house and alls well that ends well.

Good Night All. Snake Wrangler signing off.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb