Even on holiday you can't escape paperwork


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 22nd 2013
Published: October 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sounds like fun, doesn't it?? Well, considering how much stuff we needed to do, it was probably a bit too much fun!

We returned to London with the sole purpose of performing adminstrative tasks: hooray!

We booked flights and hotels for the following two weeks, spent two days applying for each of our 18-page Australia long-stay visitor visas (super fun that was). Who knew the full day in Vancouver Shane spent scanning paperwork while I worked would come in so handy!? We blogged. We took a break one day and had a wonderful day with Odin and Ewa walking all over London and going to a fabulous tea place for lunch in Vauxhall and to Chinatown for dinner. We went to Mel's first archery competition, which was pretty fun. I met up with my old boss Marcus at Borough Market and had a lovely morning coffee with him catching up on life.

We would break and walk to Muswell Hill to get things for dinner or go the local "Hilly Kitchen" for yummy lunches. At night we caught up with Mel & Ewan and on the Firday night we celebrated the final ever IT Crowd episode. How handy that we were in town for that!

In the end, we had five days of a bit too much fun and not enough admin as we only crossed off 1/3 of our to do list. Oh well!! We did get the visas in the end!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Lunchtime break at the Hilly Kitchen near Alexandra PalaceLunchtime break at the Hilly Kitchen near Alexandra Palace
Lunchtime break at the Hilly Kitchen near Alexandra Palace

A 10 minute walk from Mel and Ewan's place and you're in chip heaven. Seriously, the best chips EVER.


Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb