Arrive in London Finally


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 27th 2012
Published: October 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in London around noon local time – 3 hours late. We had issues leaving JFK last
night and then once we got close to London we had to circle around for about 15 min. as there was a storm between the plane and London. The sun is out here today, but it may be raining tomorrow – cold and very windy today – low 40’s.

At JFK one of the engines was leaking oil so they had to fix that first – then we were ready to leave and a couple wanted off the plane – when they got off, security requires that there bags go with them so we waited for men to go through a plane full of luggage and find 2 suitcases. Elderly man and his wife decide they had waited long enough and were concerned about the oil link. Guess they don’t know the crew doesn’t want to go down either and SAFETY comes first.

First class was nice – the chair swiveled towards the window and the footstool went up and met a corner which extended the seat so you could lay fully flat if you wanted. I of course sat up a little. Had some champagne while waiting so got very tired and went to sleep shortly after we left the ground

Ordered a wheelchair in London – very long walk from gate to immigration to baggage to arrivals where taxi driver met me – had my name on sign. Wheelchair was great due to the distance AND it got me through immigration must faster – 2nd in line. Finally got to the hotel around 1:30-2pm.

I had emailed Roxie last night and told her we would be late and to go without me on her trip to the Greenwich Meridian Line, Longitude 0°, which is the center of world time, defined by transit instrument and line across the Royal Observatory courtyard. http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/place/450876-royal-observatory-greenwich.

That’s it for now – more later.

Advertisement



28th October 2012

HI
I see you're out and about the world again! Nice to see. Great to hear about it. Looking forward to more posts.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb