I arrived safe!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 21st 2006
Published: June 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

HI EVERYONE!
O my gosh! we are here! after a very long flight of 14hrs we arrived at Dubai! the plane was very hot and so was dubai! we didnt leave the airport, but we heard it was 32 degreess out side and it was only 5.45 am! After a two hour stop over in dubai we borded our plane to london! on the plane there is a camera that you can watch which is either at the front or on the bottom of the outside of the plane! i watched that pretty much the whole way! dubai from the air is very arid looking. very sandy with white houses, not many trees! i saw snow on the mountains over bucharest, we flew over the middle east which was interesting!i saw the freway in vienna ans then the clouds came! 7 hours later we arrived, still tiredn and in need of a shower. we caught the tube to near our hotel and then walked over the cobble stone streets with our suitcases! we arrive at our hotel 26hrs after we had left sydney! what a trip!
we had a shower and short rest then went out to find food! ended up having trusty maccas! the food seems very expensive. $9 for a meal. ended up in bed asleep about 8.30pm.

Yesterday we wook up at 4 am, had breakie and walk to the tube staion to buy a travelcard.
we caught the double dekker bus to harrods. Spent £21 on gifts!1 .5hrs later we emerged. we then caught the bus again to piccadilly circus, then walked to the centre of london where big ben is and the london eye. didnt go on it. too Scared of heights! we sat for a while then more walking, finding our way to the london bridge, we caught the river boat and walked over it to the trains where we went to Soho, walked oxford street, the caught the train back to Earls court. the trains are so easy here. all colour coded and havent got lost yet!Helen left her cardigan on the bus!

Boring maccas again for tea, hotel and shower and relax. Helen fell asleep at 7 and said to wake her at 8.30 and we would go out for a pint of beer! i ended up crashing out too and at 11.30 i awake to a bus load of 50 girls checking in at the hotel!

We were awake again at 4.30 this morning and re packed our bags, had breakie. I called grant for the 1st time! cost me about $40 for 10mins!!!!! it was so worth it though! love you babe! I thought i had lost my glasses this morning! they had fallen down the side of the bed!
Must go. Fly to spain in 5 hours! see you all soon. Love you MUM, DAD and JEN. Thanks for your messgae bentley gang. Hi work! i dont miss you! just kidding!

Kisses for the dogs! Hi Johnny and leabo!



Advertisement



21st June 2006

HELLO :)
So exciting to hear about your escapades so far, cant wait to see some photos. Trust helen to leave her cardi on the bus, HI HELEN. Hopefully the weather is nice and she wont need it. Weather here has been yucky, raining Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not surprised you didnt go on the London Eye. Hope Spain is heaps of fun, drinks lots but be safe, remember dont accept drinks from strange boys (unless of course they are cute) Take care Love ya Jen
23rd June 2006

MEOW
Hi Meow, sounds like you're having an unforgettable experience. I fed your hubby a roast for his birthday, so at least you know he's not having maccas every meal...like you! Have fun....p.s. i read your entries out of order, but up-to-date now. Have fun!!!!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb