Day 6 - Devon / London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 25th 2011
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi again,

Im trying to catch up on all the events of the last couple of days - haven't had much of a chance to update my blog!

Today Claire took me to Illfracombe. The traffic on the way in was pretty terrible with heaps of English holiday makers. Most were driving kombis or towing caravans with ridiculously small cars (focus / golf etc), which seems to be the norm! when we got here we were greeted by a nice thick blanket of fog. Normally you can see across to Wales however we couldnt see more than a mile out to sea.

The town is built on the side of the hill and has been established at least 1000 years, I still can not get over the history of this place. I was expecting to see some old buildings but walking into a church built in 1321 atop a rugged hill blew me away! walking around the streets and the boat harbour was pretty cool, with loads of holiday makers about regardless of the bad weather.

After lunch we headed for the train station and i headed back to Paddington, once again to battle my way through the tube at peak hour with all my luggage! the locals were complaining about the closure of one of the tube lines (they are doing massive upgrades to the whole network) but i think they should experience Brisbane public transport and that wouldn't mind the extra 5 minute road trip!

once again back at shepherds bush, I stopped into the off licence (convenience store) for some beers and headed back to Leighs for a good old fashioned Aussie BBQ. The beers didn't exactly make it to dinner as when i arrived home there was a guy fixing one of the flat mates computers. we all shared a drink and i learnt that this guy is actually the computer fixer to the rock stars, and that tomorrow he was off to fix Katy Perrys laptop. A quick run down to the shop again fixed the beer situation.

Once Leigh arrived home we fired up the BBQ, a massive beast, no bigger than the size of an electric fry pan, but it did the job pretty well. The beers also went down really well with the living end cranking in the background, and the sun not setting until about 9:30

on tomorrows agenda - Helsinki, Finland

Peace out
Nate

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb