Day 2 - London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 21st 2011
Published: July 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi again,

Havent got a whole load of time as im about to go out and get very drunk!

Today was massive, fit a lot of stuff in, mainly because of good timing and some on off rain keeping the tourists indoors.

first up went to the tower of London, was unbelievable! was one of the first people in so i was exploring all the corridors and stair cases by myself. spook shit!

from there i legged it up to see changing on the guard which was ridiculously busy but now i know the good spots to stand if i get a chance to do it again tomorrow.

next i went to the Royal Mews - was pretty cool seeing all of the carriages and the queens car. the coaches are unbelievable, so much detail. The size of the gold carriage is crazy ... that thing is massive.

after a quick feed I lined up for ages to get into Westminster abbey - it was packed but words can not describe power and size of it! worth the visit. after that I wondered over to the HMS Belfast which is permanently mored as a floating museum. you could spend ours in there! pretty much the whole ship is open to explore and they have wax figures everywhere which were pretty funny.

next it was onto tower bridge. the rain kept most away but the view was still fantastic. after that i went into the London bridge experience. its a sort of reinactment tour with all these scenes going back to ye olde days and at the end they put you through a haunted house sort of thing which was cool. they made it out to be more scary than it really was!

now its time to go to a London pub and have a feed and a pint or three ...

peace out

Nate

(ps - i still LOVE the tube!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb