In which i arrive in one piece


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 20th 2006
Published: May 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jenna and EthanJenna and EthanJenna and Ethan

My beautiful sister and nephew
Well at the moment it is 9:34 London time and i am sitting in a cute little internet cafe called the bread and butter which the scary security guard at the hostel told me about. (An aussie of course.) so far i have heard more australian accents than english ones, although there is an interesting conversation going on behind me between a british couple....
The trip was quite uneventful, the highlight finding an extra pocket in my pack the morning i left. woo hoo! although....my pack is bloody heavy, maybe finding that extra pocket wasnt such a good thing. Anyways, Sydney to Singapore was bearable, only 7 hours approximately and i didnt have anyone sitting next to me which was nice. Singapore to London was kindof crappy though, but probably the best it gets i suspect, i had a skinny girl sitting next to me who didnt take up much room at all and slept the whole way. Customs and passport inspection was a breeze, as was the tube. had a little trouble finding the hostel, but the friendly travelex guy helped me out. (i have a feeling he gets it all the time.) So now i must amuse myself AND stay awake somehow for a while till lauren gets here and we can decide what to do. Hostel looks ok....kind of smelly but i guess i can live with that at 15£ a night!
Ok, love to all talk more soon and will try and post some pictures also.


Advertisement



23rd May 2006

figuring out how to use this
hello! just trying to figure this whole leaving a msg thing out! I'm not trying to distract you from your travels so early on:) glad you arrived safely, hope all is well! Sami
24th May 2006

Safe & Sound
Hey Sara, Glad you made it there safe and sound, nice to hear that everything seems to be going quite well for you. Looking foward to more posts from you later on

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb