Backpacking Europe 2006 - London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 26th 2006
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 19-21

Arrived: London, England (dinner)

Accommodation: The (London) Tower Hotel
• first impression = can't believing we're staying here/ breath- taking view
• room type = St. Katherine's Suite
• shower = try huge tub the size of a jacuzzi
• tip = splurge

Gone.. Go Trippin'

If you think we've tone down our trip thus far, then call the toning over because we are going out with a bang.. to our wallets! We got lucky on our hotel which we booked through Expedia. What a deal. We could not believe it that we had to ask the front desk lady twice to make sure we were at the right hotel. We didn't necessarily fit in with our giant backpacks and our laid back wardrobe, but we were assured we were in the right place. We arrived just in time for dinner which was planned to be walking distance from our hotel at Namaste. If you like Indian cuisine, the UK is best next to India.
With some of the site seeings done when we first arrived in London, this time we decided to do the shopping and wandering part of it. Exception-- we did make it out to see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace which is quite spectacular. No Queen but still fun.
A good portion of our day was spent window shopping in Harrods. It's a shopping experience that is a must. They have everything in here. Lunch was buffet style at Georgian conveniently located inside Harrods. Perhaps we were a bit under dress but we didn't mind. The food was perfection.
No doubt this was the best way to end a trip that will go down as one of the best experiences of our lives. We're not ready to leave but this will not be the last of Europe for us. We'll be back.

Do's & Don'ts

DO consider departing from a different city than you original arrived in. You might save money and also gain one more destination to check off your list.

DONT hesitate to splurge at the end of your trip. We decided to stay at a 4* hotel after roughing it for 3 weeks between hostels to hostels and it was well worth it. The free upgrade to a suite was not a bad touch either.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

London BridgeLondon Bridge
London Bridge

view from the front of hotel
Georgian RestaurantGeorgian Restaurant
Georgian Restaurant

inside Harrods
St. Katherine's SuiteSt. Katherine's Suite
St. Katherine's Suite

hotel living room


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb