Vietnam Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
December 28th 2007
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Going for a Ride 9 secs
Day 1-4

Arrived: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Booking Info: Cathay Airline
• Pro = only 2 hour layover in Hong Kong
• Con = n/a
• Recommend = book with a travel agent for best deals

Accommodation: with Family

Gone.. Go Trippin'

There is nothing better than family hospitality and in our case, we've got some of the best family, distant or near, around. These next few blogs are going to be short and brief; we'll let the pictures speak for itself. One thing to know about Vietnam is that it is becoming more and more travel friendly and easy to get around. For us, this trip is about time with friends and families and soaking in the culture. Since neither of us were born and bred here, we both have a sense of urgency to reconnect with our "homeland". On a lighter note, it's mostly all about the food! I don't think neither of us have ever had this much food in our lives but Vietnam boast some of the most delicious, at times bizarre, cuisine in the world. Here, it is best to go with the locals. You will find that the same type/ style of dish are all door to door to one another. For instance, if you want Pho, there are certain sections of the city that will serve some of the cities best Pho. All the shops are next to each other so go for the one with the longest lines; the biggest crowd. You really can't go wrong. Happy eating!

Tips
Best breakfast-- look for a place that serves "Op La". It's no ordinary sunny side up eggs. Trust me. And make sure you order it with a side of pate and small steak. Absolutely addicting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

Op La - best breakfast


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb