We're off again...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well...we’re almost ready to head off again as ‘travellers’, and have spent the last couple of days packing up our life in London.

Since my last update, we have been to Cornwall on the South West coast of England, and have to say that it is one of the most beautiful places we have seen in the country. We hired a car with Ben & Verity and stayed in Newquay for three nights. We visited Lands End, Penzance, St Ives, Perranporth, Padstow, and an amazing castle ruin in Tintagel which had some of the most stunning coastline I have ever seen. We got some really great weather, mixed in with some rain and wind (of course!) and we had a really fun weekend visiting some beautiful towns and partying in Newquay. We also got to see Pendulum play a set on the Friday night, and Ash Grunwald on the Sunday who was brilliant!!

We have been to a couple of festivals in the parks of London in the past couple of weeks. The O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, where we saw Powderfinger, Ben Harper and the Counting Crows, and it was raining for a lot of the day. Ah, a lovely summers day in London!! We also ventured up north to Finsbury Park for a free festival called Rise the other week. The sun was out, we took our picnic blanket and listened to some people we may not have heard of before. It had a real local feel, and was a good afternoon spent with a friend, some beers, and Doritos! Perfect! 😊

Tomorrow night we are going to Royal Albert Hall to see a night of the Proms, which is a two week classical music festival. I know, doesn’t sound quite like our thing, but it is quite a big thing over here, and we have been wanting to see inside the Royal Albert Hall. So with tickets only £10, we figured we should go check it out...will let you know how it is.

This Wednesday we will be departing Sisters Av, and heading to Gatwick for the first part of our two month journey. I am getting very excited now, and can’t wait to get going! So first stop, Spain!

I will try my best to keep the blog updated again, so keep an eye out for our updates.

So for possibly our last blog from London...miss you all and (might) be seeing you soon. Will let you all know when we make the big decision to stay in London or come home.

xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb