Pro-Tibet


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 17th 2008
Published: April 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Whitehall messWhitehall messWhitehall mess

in more ways than one... facing the police wall and the Chinese group...
I was just watching the news from the Beijing olympic torch parade India. I can see that the Tibetan contingent in India is facing what looks like riot preparations.

The pro-Tibet demo in London had some unexpected moments and the reporting was even more interesting. Media focused on 'attacks' on the torch and the Chinese police runners. Police was jittery and managed to push the small Chinese group right against the Tibet demonstrators in Whitehall. There was no mention of the Argyle square peacefull concert/gathering and the 'alternative torch'.

The torch is meant to pass through Tibet 19-21st June. On the 21st there will be a meeting with HH Dalai Lama in Westminster so keep an eye for associated events. For more info you may want to have another look at www.avaaz.org.
They are currently focusing on the situation with Mugabe in Zimbabwe.

Hope you are all well and if you are joining the demonstrations in India or elsewhere, keep the spirit going. and keep safe.

Love
Irena



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

team Tibet team Tibet
team Tibet

...at the peacefull raly in Argyle Square...the Tibetan athletes and the alternative torch...
passing the message to Parispassing the message to Paris
passing the message to Paris

Team Tibet torch escorted to King's Cross International link to France.


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb