Bangkok and London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 9th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We're leaving!We're leaving!We're leaving!

Thank God we're away from these people...
Well finally we've found an Internet cafe where we think we can load photos. We're still trying to find accommodation for the night (cheap ass Lonely Planet has stuffed us around twice now with places not existing or being closed!) so this will be as quick as possible.

Stopped at Bangkok for the one night (thank God!) and Dave had fun wrestling the tigers. Our tip for Bangkok is to not rely on the public bus system - basically they just wait until the bus is full, then they go. When we say full, we really mean full. We spent 3 hours on the way back from Kanchanaburi in 30+ degree heat, with our mouths taped to the air vents gasping for some fresh air. People were squashed in down the aisles - ridiculous. We stayed in an awesome place that night as we needed some reprieve to save the trip. Good start, hey!

Anyway, on to the good stuff. London in three words: busy, historical and fashionable. How suited to this do you think Dave is? Ha! When we arrived I was in tracky pants - I've never received so many stares for that in my life. Such an image here!

Been getting around on the buses here which are fantastic - really easy to use. Recommend them. And we have done all the sites and they are really all worth seeing - some free, some expensive but all really good. Dave's favourite was Madame Tussaud's where he basically spent the whole time grabbing the female celebs in the most inappropriate ways - at least he thought it was funny. We both, of course, loved the London Eye but I was surprised by how much I loved St Pauls Cathedral. The intricacies inside are phenomenal. We did a cruise up the River Thames which linked us to a few other places. We spent three days in London which was perfect really.

On Thursday we decided to get out and see some of the sights out of London. So we thought we'd break it up and do a mini tour bus thingy of Bath, Windsor Castle and Stonehenge. Everyone reckons Stonehenge is overrated, but we thought it was amazing - the history. That's what gets you about this place - everything is so old and big. Windsor Castle was incredible and the Roman Baths were pretty cool. We wished we had a night to spend in Bath - the town looks really cool and cruisy. Maybe we'll get back there during the year.

Anyway, better be off. Gotta try to find this stupid room as we're off early in the morning to Dublin. Oh by the way, we've had (touch wood) nothing but sunshine in this 'unprecedented hotwave'. Go us - bringing the Aussie weather with us...I wonder what Ireland will be like.

Hope all is well with everyone back home. Send us a comment and let us know what you've been doing - and check out our pics!

See ya!

Love Zoe and Dave


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Stereotypical shot number 1Stereotypical shot number 1
Stereotypical shot number 1

We started a trend with this - everyone was doing it!
Busting...Busting...
Busting...

Being respectful at Trafalgar Square out the front of the National Gallery


10th February 2008

At last
Twas good to hear from you guys at last! Sounds like your into the touring bit already, fantastic! See you have the coats on, hope Ireland is having good weather as well. Will send some more on the email, Love Mum N' Dad
14th February 2008

LOve, Love, Love the Busting photo. SO jealous (not of dave pretending to pee in public). Good Luck with the jobs.
21st February 2008

Re: Busting
Classic cooper.

Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb