Week 17 - Not much!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 11th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Spontaneous JugglersSpontaneous JugglersSpontaneous Jugglers

Started up outside the local pub O'Neils.
Tuesday 5th June

Broke my record, got home in 19min 55sec, average speed 26.9km/hr. Not bad for London's streets. Riding can be hairy to start with, but (Don't worry Mum!) a lot of people do it and you get used to it. It's good fun dragging off other cyclists till the next set of lights, I beat most off the line and by the time the serious riders have clipped in I've usually got a bit of a head start. The buses are the worst culprits on the road, they'll pull in front of you, then proceed to immediately pull over into a bus stop, leaving no gap on the left, forcing you to go around the right. Most other vehicles are good at leaving a bit of space though and the traffic never gets faster than about 50km/hr. I'd say I (and most other riders) could easily beat a car, bus or the tube to work, I don't know why more people don't do it.


Thursday 7th June

Em has been diversifying herself and has scored a few jobs waitressing at functions around London. After working at another primary school all day she quickly shot off
My Lunch BarMy Lunch BarMy Lunch Bar

The one on the end. Go here so much I can ask for a regular. St Pauls in the background. Yes, it was a slow week. :)
(with one of her Aussie mates) to Spencer House to serve food for a few hours. She said it was quite fun and took turns with the others to sneak a few tasty morsels down her gullet while the others would keep watch. Don't tell anyone though!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Old BaileyThe Old Bailey
The Old Bailey

Central Criminal Court is just past St Pauls Cathedral, walked there during lunch.


Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 69; dbt: 0.2573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb