What a Weekend!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Crazy past couple of days. Before i begin i would like to firstly apologise for those of you relying on me to get some photos of the weekends events. i did. they just suck. ill put them up anyway for a laugh.

Saturday was Live Earth day. my god it was amazing. Wembley is absolutely massive and it was soooo packed. i tried to get a photo of it but i got in trouble of the security people. haha
I wont go through all the bands but i will mention the highlights:

Kasabian were awesome. As Russel Brand said, thats when things started to get sexy haha (he is some comdeian that hosted the second half of the show. he is a classic. He hosted the brit awards for those playing at home). They were so awesome!
Damien Rice and David Grey played together!!!! it was the most amazing thing i have ever hear! David played Babylon and Damien played the whistle blowers daughter.... is that what its called? the i cant take my eyes off you one! holy crap! their voices filled the stadium like nothing else!
Snow Patrol were fantastic, even chasing cars was good and i hate that song!
Black Eyed Peas went off except when gay fergie sung her gay song. she is lame.
Oh and mum, James Blunt wasnt actually to bad! even if he is a girl! he sang wild world by cat!! i taped a bit for you!!
lots more but i cant be bothered to go through it all. all in all it was a fantastic day!

SUNDAY! TOUR DAY! i got up early to beat the crowds. hah! yeah right. it was packed by the time i got there. i saw most the riders sign on and then saw them start the race. it was soooo good to be there. the atmosphere was amazing. i then headed to trafalga square to watch the race on the big screens. i then got a bit bored haha so i headed to Notting Hill Portobello road markets.

Gosh its nice there. the sun was shining and there were lots of people. i felt like i had already arrived in italy or something. the stuff there wasnt that great but it was good to just have a stroll.

at about 2 i decided to head back to the square to watch the end of the tour. When i got there eveyone was laying out in the sun so i decided todo the same. When in london. well shock me shock me i got burnt! london has a sun!!!!! anyway, the end of the tour was sooooo good. Robbie McEwens win was awesome and there were so many aussies around everyone was on their feet cheering and screaming at the screen! so good!

So now im buggered after my crazy week of non-stop activities. Today is a rest day and then i have one more day before i leave for contiki! woot!

Here are some photos from the past few days. i hope this works.

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



9th July 2007

To the other Abbey
They are great photos. It looks wonderful! Well Done!xxxx
10th July 2007

Hi
Good photos Abbey. I like the one of Hincapie! I think you were walking the wrong way in the Abbey Road photo......Nice pose though.

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.2mb