July 3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 3rd 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I finally saw Wicked last night! It was AMAZING.
Today we went to the Victoria and Albert museum. We just sort of wandered around with no strict plan in mind. They have a pretty extensive musical instruments exhibit which was worth seeing. The fashion exhibit was also pretty worthwhile. There were dresses from the 19th century next to Versace dresses...It was a fun exhibit. We walked around the Kensington area for a while and actually had about a half an hour of uninterrupted sunlight...rare these days.

I'm trying NOT to be nervous on the tube, but sometimes it is quite a challenge. Last night we had a long ride and it was a pretty full train. I guess it's just human nature to feel anxious and nervous in the face of a very real terrorism threat...I'm just not used to this feeling. Talking to other people in my program it seems they feel the same way. I'm very aware of the situation here in London, but we also have to continue to do things. We're being careful and vigilant.

I'm planning on staying in to do some homework tonight. Tomorrow Dr. Madsen is taking us to the University of London to meet Graham Welch (a voice scientist/music-education specialist).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb