Tourist Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

G'day everyone! Sherry, Jason, John (my colleagues) and I decided to take a "tourist" day and visited the Tower of London. Actually, I have no shame acting like a tourist because I think it's something everyone who comes to London should see. We could've spent all day there, but we wanted to catch a 3pm service at Westminster Abbey. Of course it rained off and on, but we're pretty used to that now. I'd take this weather over a heat wave any day. The Tower has some really neat exhibits, but mostly it's just fun to wander around in and out of the buildings and grounds. The crown jewels are unbelievable...seriously. We went through twice so we could look again! Sherry and I were drooling a little I think.
After the Tower we hopped on the tube over to Westminster Abbey to catch a 3:00 evensong service. Okay...I've never heard singing like that live before. The little boy's voices just went up and up and up, and were in tune the whole time. We couldn't see them from where we were, which was sort of cool in a way. The reverb must've been at least 10 seconds, or it seemed like it anyway. I definitely need to go back and spend some more time there.
Not sure what we're up to tonight, probably dinner and the pub. (-: People are out in droves and are not really talking about the incident. We feel very safe and are going to continue to do things around the city.
Oh...Chicago was pretty interesting. The guy from Grease 2 played Billy Flynn....not the best singer...or dancer...or actor. Pretty much like Grease 2 really. I think David Hasselhoff couldv'e done a better job. The male dancers looked like they walked out of a Chip-n-dale's club. It was pretty funny.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th June 2007

Does it ever stop raining there? It's been raining here in Florida pretty much non stop as well. Have fun pubbing tonight Love mom

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb