Tours of London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This morning we all woke up for our bus tour at 10am. We jumped on a big charter bus and drover around London. It turns out that today is the Queen’s birthday and they have this huge procession/ celebration for her. We ran over to Buckingham Palace and watched the parade. We saw the Queen which was soooo cool and apparently William and Harry were both in the procession with the army or something like that. We didn’t see them though. We got to see so many different parts of London. Its crazy that one town has so much variety in the different parts.

After the morning tour we went on a walking tour of London. Our tour guide took us through a lot of the residential parts of Kensington. Its such a rich area. We are so lucky that we get to stay in it. Apparently buildings in this area go for up to 8 million pounds which is about 16 million dollars. The inside of the building isn’t extremely nice but the neighborhood and buildings are incredible. We got to see so many different gardens and houses where royalty and famous people live. We went to Kensington Palace and also got to see where a majority of the foreign embassies are located. It turns out that the US Embassy is located somewhere else because they needed a building large enough to accomodate it. They wanted to use Kensington Palace but for some reason the British government didn't okay that....




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



18th June 2007

Wow!
Hi Courtney, Your pictures are terrific. I can't believe that you got that close to the Queen of England! This is an amazing opportunity for you! You go Girl~! I Love You, MoM

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb