Checking in


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 15th 2004
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Mid week here. Pretty good weekend just gone.

Work drinks Friday, then shot up to North London to catch up with Kara whose over on holiday from NZ. So stayed up there a while with Nix and Ali and Kara's mates.

Sat morning woke up and talked to Ma & Pa, great to hear their voices! Headed up to Portobello Markets for a wander, bought a few knick knacks for the flat, not much else. Markets were pretty big really, (most of them are here, already spent a day discovering Camden Markets with Alistair a week or so ago), Portobello though runs right up into Notting Hill and through all the Antiques stalls, walked for ages. Sat night Matt called and I yarned to him for a while, caught up on all the goss and such.

Sunday went to Argos for the first time. Weird place really, it's like the Warehouse or Farmers, but all you do is look through a massive catalogue, fill in a order slip, go up and pay the girl, then wait for your order to turn up from out the back. No try before you buy here. Can get everything though, from toys, to household stuff, to jewellery, all at really cheap prices. Kinda sums up existince over here really, just lots of mass produced, generic junk for the masses. Went out Sunday arvo for some beers with Rach, John, Jodie and Mike. Kiwi mates of Nix and Ali's that live near me. We ended up going out for another taste of Sunday clubbing with Monkey again, down the Arts Club. Monkey introduced me to one of the managers down there, Kiwi girl. We literally are everywhere!

Hamish from Kerikeri is back from his 7 weeks touring bars, oops, i mean Europe! He's dossing with me at the moment, as Im closer to town and the temp work he's doing at the moment than his sisters place. Was great to catch up last night, have a beer at the local and hear some tales.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb