The Job


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 3rd 2007
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pictures of Work Colleagues and I: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558869457koPooL

I was brought to Burberry as a consultant's assistant specializing in design technology. Burberry is implementing a Product Lifecycle Management Solution that will assist design and development in producing the product. Exactly, what is PLM?

PLM (Product Life-Cycle Management) is a web-based “umbrella” that aligns design, product development, merchandising, quality assurance and vendors. The PLM system is a single entry point for the data, sketch, fabric, trim, and other details related to style development. By allowing everyone who designs, develops, manufactures and merchandises product to work on the same system, PLM will eliminate duplicate work and deliver “one version of the truth.”

All of the features and functions of PLM have been developed through careful partnership with the user community. As PLM continues to evolve, the PLM team will continue to work with the key users from each business unit. The more the PLM team and key users test and work with the system, the better it will assist the designers/product developers/merchandisers. Specifically, designers will be able to reference historical data, design concepts, trends, tech packs, BoMs, to leverage future product off of past development. Currently, the PLM team is striving to roll out Phase One at the end of May.

Thanks to our Design Director, Burberry is more than just the check! Read more.........
‘How Burberry Bounced Back’ -The Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jhtml?xml=/fashion/2007/04/18/efburberry118.xml



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb