Adventures in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 7th 2007
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post


London traffic sucks! We drove from Darlington to London, and hit the bank holiday traffic coming back into London. It took so long to drive a mile down a road in London. I'm happy to say that with James driving Ernie we were able to make it back. So we think he's definitely going to make the trek around Europe.

We met up with a couple we met on couchsurfing and stayed the night in Ernie. I must say that my first experience with couch surfing was a good one. The couple were so hospitable and we had great conversation. They wanted to know all about Canada. Yesterday we headed over to my friend's Lee-Ann and Jared's flat in northwest London. James and I then headed out into London to explore.

Our first stop on the tube was Buckingham palace, then Westminster Abbey, Parliment and Big Ben, the Thames and South bank. Great sightseeing, and I kissed a guard 😊! We decided to take action shots around London...hope you like. Then we we went back to Lee-Ann's and had a nice bbq, and proceeded out on the town for some london night life. Lee-Ann and Jared rock....it was a legendary night of dancing...and of course pizza after the bar.

Today we made breaky, then took the tube into the city to go to Oxford street, Covent Garden.......we basically walked all over the central city.
Until next time...enjoy our pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

James in Westminster AbbeyJames in Westminster Abbey
James in Westminster Abbey

We kinda went into the Abbey through a back entrance when it was closed to tourists for the day. So James needed an action shot. Very cool place!
Melissa outside ParlimentMelissa outside Parliment
Melissa outside Parliment

This is outside Parliment, you can see Big Ben in the background. My action shot off some kind of sculpture. :)


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb