London- Day 1 & 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It basically took me a whole day to get to London from Indy- many airport delays. Amy flew up from Germany and met me at Heathrow. We then took the tube to our hotel in South Kensington to drop off our bags. We were starving, so we had fish and chips at an area pub. They serve fish and chips with peas in the UK- we were given the choice of garden or mushy peas. The mushy peas sounded scary, so I ordered garden and they turned out to be very crunchy. After lunch, we decided to go look for the Natural History & Victoria and Albert Museums which were on the same road as out hotel. We, of course, went the wrong way. By the time we figured this out and turned around, we were exhausted from the air travel/walking and decided to check into the hotel and rest for a bit. There are no photos the first day, mainly because we didn't end up finding anything worthy of a photo that day.

On Friday our first stop was the London Eye- you can see the entire city from the top of this. This helped us figure out
Big BenBig BenBig Ben

I think I may get this one blown up and framed.
where things were, so we could plan our day. To follow tradition, Amy & I took a boat ride on the Thames. There were only 3 of us on the boat, so the guide came out and talked to us instead of blaring points of interest over the megaphone. We saw the Parliment building, Big Ben, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, London Bridge and various other places from the boat. After the boat trip and London Eye, we headed out to explore that area of London. We didn't really have a plan of what to see and basically happened upon interesting places: White Hall, Trafalgar Square, Admiralty Arch, St. James Park and Buckingham Palace. Our plan was then to go and find Harrods which was only a couple tube stops away from our hotel. We, of course, got off the tube and went the wrong way again. After much walking, we gave up and headed back to the hotel and had dinner at a wonderful restaurant- The Green Door (I think)- close to our hotel.

I tried to post the photos in the order that Amy & I visited them.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

London BridgeLondon Bridge
London Bridge

The bridge itself is very boring, but I thought this would make a good photo.
Swiss Re Building Swiss Re Building
Swiss Re Building

Our boat guide said Londoners call this building the Gherkin.
Admiralty ArchAdmiralty Arch
Admiralty Arch

Other side
St. James ParkSt. James Park
St. James Park

This was a very beautiful park.
Flowers outside Buckingham PalaceFlowers outside Buckingham Palace
Flowers outside Buckingham Palace

These are the flowers outside Buckingham Palace.


30th April 2007

WOW
These pictures are crazy beautiful!!! They are all most certainly suitable for framing. I have an idea for you. I love scrapbooking but can NEVER find the time. Hallmark now has these cute scrapbooks that already have scrapbook looking paper in them (you don't have to do anything!!!) and fun wording. There are also coordinating stickers and you can add other things if you want. Anyway, it's pretty much cut and paste. I did one for my dogs and gave one to Steph for her wedding. Thanks so much for sharing!
30th April 2007

This is so Neat!!
I love the pictures from London!!!!! I want to visit now more than ever!!!!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb