International Women’s Day with my Favorite International Women


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 14th 2024
Published: March 15th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Hope and Irene from Uganda had the opportunity to attend a leadership training for non profit leaders put on by Girls Not Brides in London this winter. Normally this time of year I would visit them in Uganda to check on our work, but since they were in London I thought I would take the opportunity to meet them there. This was the first time both of them had left Africa. It gave us a chance to reconnect as well as review the status of our current loan recipients.

England is quite expensive for them compared to home and my first time there so the three of us explored for the first time together. We started with taking in the sites of London.

Then we rented a car and headed into the countryside. We stayed in a quaint little town outside of Cotswold with the type of architecture that really makes you feel like you are in Europe.

We had a great day driving through the Cotswold stopping at cottages, castles, pubs and towers. I will say that driving stick shift on the left hand side of the narrow roads while trying to follow the GPS kept me at attention. We didn't run into any trouble until our rental car broke down on the highway at the end of the day. We were lucky enough to have a great tow truck take us back to the airbnb and another one took us back to London the next day.

The ladies had some training to attend so I spent one more day exploring some additional small towns on the outskirts of London before hoping a flight to Tunisia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb