Harry Potter Meets Zaya's World


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 19th 2021
Published: July 27th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Finally, we were free to go where we wanted, so what did we do first? The Harry Potter Museum. I’d already purchased tickets for the evening but the museum had 2 tickets available in the afternoon and since we didn’t have anything else scheduled I grabbed the tickets, hopped in an Uber and off we went.

The Harry Potter Museum is actually the film studio, and the sets are the display. There are also displays of masks and how they are made, displays of costumes and how they are made. At each display there is a film on how the scene was filmed, giving away the secrets.

It is actually quite interesting although, Zaya, was surprised to see that actors were shorter in real life, items smaller in person and the magic so simple. Still, Zaya would explain the back story to me so a little knowledge goes a long way and having never seen a Harry Potter movie or read one of the books, I can tell anyone lots. Whether it would make sense or not is a different story.

We had Butter Beer, and Zaya rode on a broom stick. She got a wand but hasn’t cast any spells yet. She couldn’t get the baggage cart to quite go thru the wall at the train station, even though I kept telling her to push harder. Her magic mojo just wasn’t there.

But, otherwise, the day was what she wanted.

Dale had opted to skip the Harry Potter stuff so we met up in the late afternoon, going to a favorite pub for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb