Change of plans - we're moving again!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 6th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well..... Brian and I are moving again (chuckle, chuckle)!!!!

Yes we know, it has only been 1 week since we moved into our current home, BUT..... this place is absolutely disgusting. Hmmm, well only if you don't like mice living in the kitchen and climbing up the walls at your front door trying to get inside, or of course if you don't mind if no-one CLEANS the place after themselves and the list goes on....etc etc

So pretty much within a day or so of moving in, Brian and I decided that we were out of there before we caught some ghastly disease and became terribly ill. So since we have moved in, we have not cooked/eaten anything in that home (we have been eating out). Just the thought of this place is enough to make me feel sick!! So, we have been on the hunt again for a nice, clean, sociable home to live in for the next 11 months.

So, as you can imagine, last week was really crazy. I was sorting through all of the ads again of our favourite website 'The gumtree'. And.... after a lot of racing around London during the week and over the weekend, we have found a fantastic place to stay in Turnham Green Gardens (Chiswick), London. I have been told that this is the most sort after and one of the most expensive places to stay in London (quite exclusive really). Hmmm - my god, how did we ever get it????

Well, let me tell you a little bit about the place:
This is a 'home' full of little aussies. There are 4 and a bit bedrooms (a bit - because it is not actually a bedroom, it was the garage which they have converted into a room (this is not ours) which by the way then pays for our bills, council tax which is sooo expensive, about £150/month for the house) and we share a bathroom with 2 other bedrooms on our floor.

There is a common lounge room with all the pay tv stations imaginable (so Brian can watch the AFL during the season), a great modern kitchen with everything you can imagine, a brilliantly lighted conservatory (which is another smallish lounge room with a foldout sofa and extra mattress for anyone wanting to stay) which then leads out to...wait for it....a back yard, that's right folks, we have a yard!!! The yard has an outdoor BBQ, outdoor setting etc..

Now our room:
Fully furnished with a king Size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers etc and enough room to have a small party in. This room, is more than double the size of my bedroom back home. Actually, it is bigger than mum and dads lounge room in Stuart Mill (yeah - I know, thats not hard) but this is gigantic for London. We easily have enough room for another king sized bed with enough room to comfortably walk around the room!!! So people - no excuses now tom come over!!! I am ready to start taking reservations.

We are only about 15 mins walk from Dean's and Chiswick is beautiful. It is full of boutiques, chocolate bars that make their own 'real' hot chocolates made with real melted choc (there are actually 3 or 4 there), plently of brasseries, restaurants and cafes to eat at etc. This is your real typical London community. Beautiful, friendly and 'posh'.

So, as of saturday 11th November, we will be in our new clean, friendy, cosy home. As soon as we move in, we will post some pics on here to give you a better idea of what the house and people are like.

Well, bye for now. Kisses and hugs for everyone.
XXX Loz



Advertisement



8th November 2006

mice???!!! arghhh$%&*!!
Thats disgusting!!! l hate mice!!! l was cringing at the thought of it. Good thing you moved. Looking forward to more photos. Brians last lot on the footy were hilarious and a good perv on the streaker *cheeky grin* take care, looking forward to the next entry. Suzi
8th November 2006

You don't like mice ????
Hope your next new home is much better. If not let me know and I'll send you a cat for Christmas. Lots of love from Mum. XXXXXXXXX
8th November 2006

Glad to hear you are going well and have found a job each. Don't they have mouse traps in England ? Fancy not wanting to live with a family of little things. Hope all goes well in the future. Have a great time. But don't forget to go on the London Eye for me. Lots of love Hilary x x x
13th November 2006

Mice
hahahahaha that has me in fits all I keep seeing you hanging off the gate at work scare of the "baby" mouse that dropped in to say hello
13th November 2006

It has been very interesting reading of your travels. Glad you have finally found somewhere nice to live. Don't know why you didn't like those little mice - I have a cat going cheap - free actually to a good home. Happy Birthday to Lauran for the 1st November (I think that was the date - but happy Birthday anyway). Look forward to your further adventures. Enjoy every minute. Love to you both.
14th November 2006

We thought you'd take the mice with you, we've finally got rid of them from your old room. By the way, you'd be in trouble if the room was smaller than the lounge at Stuart Mill. Sarsha's missed you and has kept a bone for your return.

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb