London continues ...


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

24 May

It's Carmen birthday.....I woke her up with a video from our dear friends, birthday present and cup cake...not just a cupcake but one from Harrods...yesterday .I told her that I was going to buy a Harrods bag and be right back . 10 minutes later....(there was a long queue for cakes) I then hid it in my shopping and sneaked it in the fridge when we got back...she was none the wiser....So we got up, had breakfast including cupcake....we looked outside, raining...we were used to the small showers....but this time it was heavy rain....so we headed to Westfield London. The shopping centre is massive..it is bigger than the parramatta one. .It has its own bus terminal attached and station is five minutes from the shopping centre...the shopping centre itself reminded us of the Bondi Westfield. Has a big section for designer shops including tiffany...then massive food court and normal shops....Sorry no photos...as photos are not allowed...plenty of shopping damage done...From there we headed back to the apartment to rest....off again...this time for Carmens dinner celebration...Gordon Ramsay. Lucky we went, as the restaurant. is closing at the end of this month after 12 years...lease ended with the hotel.....the food was great...all the waiters wanted to speak to the Aussie chicks. Guess cause we were keeping them entertained...We met one Italian. Mauritian, Moroccan, Egyptian....I know sounds like a joke...the Moroccan waiter looked like Count Dracula. They also gave us a tour of the kitchen...head chef an Aussie ....no one was swearing all well behaved. At the waiters suggestion, we headed off to Mews....a small little club near the restaurant....there was a birthday party going on and when the cake came out they were playing Stevie Wonder song happy birthday...so I kept pointing to Carmen....the waiter then came back with a little birthday cake and candle and two yummy cocktails....Off to dance we went and headed off to the roadhouse in Covent gardens. Partied like it was 1999....



25 May

Today day was planned...first go to Oxford street then Soho....to find the hummingbird cake shop. Oxford st...you could shop all day....more shopping damage...you need at least three days off shopping in a London itinerary...We found the cake shop but decided....to have lunch before hitting the sugar...found this great Italian restaurant called Princi....pizza was just like the Italians make it....not like domino pizza...two to three simple toppings...hummingbird cupcake here we come....we both had the red velvet cake....icing and cake were delicious....we then headed off to Piccadilly square..it was packed with soccer supporters....most of them German...rowdy lot those Germans...At the last minute we decided to book a show....Michael Jacksons Thriller....then we ran to the tube got on a train....to see the london eye....the lines for the tickets and the eye were massive...so we bought fast track tickets.....the line to get in was 30minutes...the ride is 45 minutes...no time....we ran back to the tube to watch the show...the show was like watching an old school play. But music and dancing was great.....off to the eye we go...back in the tube ..arrived and thank goodness not as many people now....views are great....but don't know which one was more exciting the play or the ride....back home and drop off at the local pub for a bite....later out again???? Tomorrow madam tussauds and then off the gay paris!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb