London *Take Two*


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Westminster
October 28th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

28th October 2008



Was half term so I didn't have to worry about college, which meant I could get whichever train I wanted. Arrived at London Victoria Train Station about 10.30am and got the tube to Tottenham Court Tube Station, then went to find the Astoria where the band One Night Only were playing. I arrived at the venue at about 11am to find my friends outside already, two of them having been there since 8am.

Nothing much really happened until about 1pm when the band turned up in their tour bus, which they parked near/in? a bus lane and almost got two parking tickets from two wardens in the space of 15 minutes. They took the equipment into the venue, the lead singer using wheeled box as a skateboard which resulted in him getting told off by their manager.

The hours passed with us lot in the queue sat huddled together under small blankets, waiting for the doors to open, which they eventually did at around 6.30pm. Not without the sky deciding it was going to hale and rain within about two hours though.

All of us at the front of the queue got to the
OnlookersOnlookersOnlookers

The drummer from the first support act, the Onlookers.
barrier, apart from two of my friends, who'd had issues with their tickets as one realised they didn't actually have the ticket but had the reciept that came attached to it. She eventually got in but was about half way back from the stage.

The gig was amazing. Definately the best one of theirs i've been to. Can't wait for the new album now, having heard three of the new songs.

The set list:
He's There
It's Alright
Do You Know What I Mean?
You & Me
Stay At Home
Hide
What's Your Melody?
Sweet Sugar
Start Over
Time
Nintendo
---
Tonight
Intentional Confidential
Just For Tonight

Met up again with my friends after the gig, as we'd been stood in different places along the barrier, and went to get merchandise and then leave to go get our trains home.

On leaving the venue we noticed something unusual ... SNOW!

So that's sun, rain, hale and snow all in one day!

Can't wait to see them again soon, I can see 2009 being amazing if this year has been anything to go by!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

General FiascoGeneral Fiasco
General Fiasco

The second support act General Fiasco, from Ireland.
George CraigGeorge Craig
George Craig

Lead singer of One Night Only
Jack SailsJack Sails
Jack Sails

On his three keyboards


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb