Nyc Montreal and Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
September 6th 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone

Sorry for not writing for so long. The last you heard I still had a few more days at camp left. Well with our bunk decideding not to tidy unitl the last few hours before the bus left, as you can imagine it was rather hectic. We had to wait until all the kids left and then move and scrub and then get cheacked off. It was crazy and we were the last few on the buses back to nyc lol.
Me and Ffi had a hostle booked luckly, right in the middle of Harlem haha. But after arriving quite late and cheaking in it wasnt as bad as everyone made out. Our room was the size of a shoebox and fitted 8 people with no air con and the windows didnt open. The next day Jibs was meant to be arriving from London but when I went down stairs to the reception in the morning there was a message left for me saying his plane was delayed by a mere 17 hours or somthing! Rubbish. Anyway we went out and explored the city, which is marvoulse.

I found myself at 5am trying to make my way from my freinds hostle somwhere intown to the airport to pick up Jibs, which was an adventure in itself. When I got to the airport I was told his flight now wasnt arriving until 1pm! But somehow he managed to get onto another flight. yay.
We headed back to harlem and left his stuff there. Then we went out for a wander around the city. There tube system thing is actually as easy as londons once you get the hang of it. We got out at times square and as we were crossing the road, bumped into the naked guitarist guy who playes guitar all day in the middle of a street wearing just his pants! We bumped into Ffi and holly and some kids from my bunk back at camp in the big toy shop which was cool and we went on the ferris wheel thing which went on for Ages.
Oh and we ate at some nice cheap chinese place after hours of trying to find a chinese place.
The next day we spent most of the day in central park, wandering around. It is very very beautiful and much nicer than central park and really easy to get lost in. But we did find some crazy busking violin warrior dude under a bridge!
We also booked a train to montreal for the next day.

But we missed it. haha by 8 minits. So we walked down the road and jumped on a coach and ten hours later arrived in montreal, phoneing up my freind (who wasnt in) to ask if we could stay with her. After getting an address from her boy freind we jumped in a taxi. Laurance had just arrived from picking up her freind from Beligium who had come to stay also. We went and ate at some expensive meican place witch had a man playing guitar as we sung. Lauances place is a arty two room thing with an amazing bathroom like a rainforest shower! The next day we went down the road to the longest market road thing ever where Jibs and Laurance bought wooden sawds and had a playfight until jibs got cut. We caught a tube into some other part of town (they had a machine that gave you free bus tickets crazy!) And we got on a horse and carrage thing around town. We ate some dodgy sickly sweet icecreams and consequiently me and lauracne decided to feel ill after. That everning we broke into the botanical gardens and played hide from the guards as we looked around and sat at the top of the lighthouse. We almost got caught and laurance had to freeze climing up a pile of rocks sprawed outlike spider man! When we climed over the fence at the end we ended up with a lot of ripped clothes that got caught but got away fine.

The next day Jibs and I caught a train then a bus into Lake placid. We decided to go camping. But we didnt relise that it was the olimplic icesckating chamiopnsips so it was busy and also the harly davidson bike people were touring though town as well so it was packed! We almost didnt have a place to stay but after a lot of begging and hauling our massive bags around which seemed to have grown more then any other time in my trip we finally got a small spot on a campsite. We caught a taxi there and got there just before the sun went down. The camp people didnt know what menothal was or a trandger so we had nothing to cook on. We ended up buying a 5 dollor thing to cook on and it took us a whole bag of firelighters sticks and coal to get it going. It took us about 2 hours to cook any meal haha.
The next day we went for an explore. We found a river and water fall and went for a wander. I almost lost Jibs's flipflop for ever when I tryed to chuck it on the side and it went in when we were going over all the rocks. It was mega busy appently for the bank holiday but it didnt seem like it once we were there. We then had to get back to Nyc and ended up catching a coach back somehow.
When we got back we had to find a place tostay and seeing it was the last 3 days of my trip we decided to spash out and get a hotel. When I booked it I didnt notice that they guy on the end of the phone was a bit strange. When we got there Jibs realised that we were staying in a gay hotel in the gayest part of NYC hahaha. I was the only female after the 2nd day! When the room was tidyed all my stuff was thrown in a pile on the floor and his was neatly folded. How rude! But very funny.
We went and spent half a day trying to catch a helicopeter andin the end managed it. It was an awesome thing. We flew over the Statue of Liberty along the river and saw group 0 and stuff. I want to be a helicopter piolet one day haha. We also went up the empire state building (the lift was horrid) and when we got the top it was aweosome. It was night time and all the buildings were lit up. I was happily seeing how far I could stick my head thought the bars and Jibs was getting all wobbily from the hight which was really funny. I could have stayed up there for hours. We also looked round the ripleys belive it or not museaum at like 12pm which got really freaky being in a museam with noone else and walking though rooms of talking african tribe heads and stuff. Oh and what was really really random was that when we were heading home at about 1am we bumped into Laurance and Clara her freind in a empty tube staion! crazy. Small city New York.

The next day me and Jibs headed down to central park as we heard the Arctic monkeys were playing. Although there were no tickets we managed to talk to one of the sound people who said that if we came back at 4 she could get us some. We were rather skeptical and went away for a few hours round town shopping and stuff. We got back at 4 and saw her waiting. We had supper in the park which was intersting as I felt sorry for the tramps and tryed to find one to give the scraps of our food to. And a guy unicycled past me on a massvie unicycle. A wheel like that would be like a limo to ride! We ended up getting VIP passes and let in being the first into the concert right at the front. The support band were ment to be the coral but eneded up being some tiny rubbish band with no dress sence haha. The Arctic Monkeys were awesome but they finished rather early with no oncore, crazy! It was a nice venue though. Me and Jibs attemped to find china town late at night and failed but found a nice chinese place anyway yum.

The next day we cheaked out and went for a wander as we had a bit of time before our planes left. We got to the airport. Jibs left at 5 and me at 8. It was a very quick flight home. (Jibs got promoted to first class for his last flight being delayed). When I got home back to Heathrow, I was met by my dad but also bumped into Paul who used to drive the bus for circus at home which was nice to see him.

Anyway there ends my travels, It was a wonderful time and it wont be long before I go exploreing again so stay tuned .... Now off to be educated at Uni in Liverpool!

From Katharine xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb