Only 8 more days left of camp!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » French Woods
August 18th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the lack of blogness, this is the first time the silly computer has opened upthe blog page for ages.

Anyway what have Idone????

Well weve had our second and third shows which were really good. the second ones theme was Las Vegas and we did it along with a live band and the third was Circus of horrors, where all the kids spent the day having awesome makeup put on, and being fed discusting pizza before the show.

Ive taken up horse riding everyday which is awesome and the area to ride around is beautiful aswell, if you icnor the todes and frogs jumping out of the swamps in the woods!

I also went to Canada on one of my day off's. That was an awesome day. It took us five hours to get there and when we did we had to find our way to cross over the river to get to canada. I got another stamp in my passport woo. Cananada is surprisingly stunning compared to the usa about 50 metes away onthe other side of the river which is ugly and grey. Canada had beautiful gardens and very freindly people. We took the maidof the mist boat out into the heart of the Niagra falls and all wore our free blue ponchos. Then we went andlistened toa band play while drinking straberry smoothe things and at 4 pm a tightrope walker crossed between two realy high buildings. We were only there for 5 hours butit was worth it. And I got to finish Harry Potter on the long journey (its a great great book).

Another Lazy day we got a bus down to New Jersey and went to 6 Flags, and awesome theme park. It was a boiling hot day and practically empty which was awesome as it meant we got to go on most of the rides with no que, which is strange as its summer holidays over here at the moment! But that is one of the best theme parks, with really bad food though.

Another day we went to skinners falls, which is a place of rapids where you can hire an inner tube out for $5 and go down the rapids or just relax in the sun, ahhh what a good life 😊 But I had to get back early as we had a rehearsal for our staff circus show.

Now then the staff circus show was awesome. Me and my friend Fi did an amazing doubles act on the triple trapeze on stilts. And we had dead funky costumes of crazy tights and leaotards with silly hair and big bows inthem. We looked like the ugly sisters out of cinderella haha. they filmed it also soim going to try and get a copy on dvd which would be cool.

Oh I went to Boston the other day, which was cool. I saw an amazing busking show. normally im quite critical and not that impressed but these guys were great. They had some really tricky good stuff whichlooked awesome, I was dead impreessed. but they said they came from Londonand it turnedout they came from Swindon.
We then looked around the old fashioned shop hall and then took the tube to go and see Harvard. there tubes are a bit like home apart from the fact youcan walk onthe lines! theres no 'mind the gap'! as its all on walk level. crazy!
Harvard was beautiful, and the shops so old fashioned and quaint and expensive. we later had lunch a bar called Cheers, appanetly thats some TV show? anwyay it was an awesome day out and we got to watch rubbish films on the way back yay.

My unicycle class is awesome this session, we go on cross camp hacks down to the beach at waterfront, along muddy grassy slops. And if its rainingwe make some great assult corses with ramps and stuff to ride and jump up and down. And ive decided that bribery is the answer to get kids to achive anything!

Lodes has happened I just cant think what! Oh Paul Simons child came here for session three, and I kinda followed Paul Simon around here when he came, but he didnt look like he wanted to be bothered by everyone so Ileft him be 😞 but how cool is that?

I had a great time on area duty the other night. First all I did was play frizbe unitl the kids went to everning activity, then Igot to play on the computer, then When the kids were meant tobe in canteen or in bed, Igot my water pistol and chased and squireted them. HAHA they hated gettingwet. One silly girl said tome " oh my god I cant belive you squirted me, How do know im not allergic to water?" silly twit.

Ive managed to downlode msn messenger finally onto the comp so yay,but noone ever awake or online when im on grrr.

Anyway that is all for now I think,but im sure that as soon as I log off I will remember more. Oh did I ever mention July 4th, where we stayed up all night climing onto roofs andputting up giant British flags and painting allthe bins with the flag, then hiding and not being able toget breakfast as the american councellors were dressed in army gear protcecting everydoor from the brits haha. But Imananged to survive not being thrown into thelake wooo. Andthen in the everning every country put on a show , ours was a monty pyton skit haha.

I shall write more soon

Love From
MEEEEEE (Katharine The Great)
xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb