London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
September 2nd 2006
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

It truly has been a long time since that last blog....but I did say it would be a while. We are well and truly settled now and are enjoying living and playing in a strange big new city that we now call home. I thought I would give you an update on what has been happening or not as the case may be....


We live in a place called North Acton in a 4 bedroom house with 7 people (actually 10 at the moment as we have a flat mate swap over happening and a couple of dossers) and the others are all Australian. The place is pretty run down and we were looking at moving into another flat but have decided to put that off till the New Year as we have found out that most real estate agents need at least 6 months of references from the UK. The house we are in is right across the road from a huge playing field and about 10 tennis courts.

We both have jobs, Josh is working as an It consultant for a media company and has that job for about a month. I am working as an
Buckingham Palace 2Buckingham Palace 2Buckingham Palace 2

Queen wasnt home today :(
office co-ordinator for a recruitment company and have been working here 3 weeks, yes that's right, it took 6 weeks to find a permanent job but I did do temping for 2 weeks. Both of us are getting good enough money to save and hopefully carry on travelling after our contracts are up. Joshs contract is for 6 months and mine is for 12.

To be honest we have not been doing much since we got here as setting up for living (bond etc) has cost us a lot more than we had expected. We have seen Buckingham Palace, well we stumbled across it while we were collecting our bank details (it's not as massive as you think). I've seen London Bridge and Tower Bridge, hung out down at the Thames, seen Monument, seen St Pauls Cathedral which is huge and so beautiful. The exterior was getting cleaned when I went so I didn't even get to see the whole thing so will have to go back to get some great photos.

There are so many things to do and see here. The theatres (on the street that I work on) are always happening. There is the Lion
Dave DobDave DobDave Dob

Went to Watch Dave Dobbyn at the Toast Festival
King, Stomp, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera and so much more. Conor, Keita, we will be seeing the Lion King when you arrive 😊
I work right by Covent Garden and all those wonderful markets so they are cool to walk around in my breaks.

We are yet to even do a tour of the city or go up the London Eye, but I think we may save that until Rachel (our cousin) arrives.

As I said above, our friend Georgie arrived a couple of weeks ago and is now living here. She is taking over one of the rooms in the house, it has worked out well and she gets along with the flatties.

I saw Krissy and Jimi (from Egypt) last week and it was great catching up with them, we are going to their farewell party this weekend and it has been promised that it will be a great one. Their visas run out in just over a month and they will be heading home so we won't get to see much of them but will definitely go and see them in Australia.

We are off to France in 3 weeks to
St James ParkSt James ParkSt James Park

Pretty Lake and Castle
see Mum and Dad which is great, we are really looking forward to that and it will be good to see a bit more of Europe.

So, yip, that's about all. Will update again when there is actually something to tell you about (maybe after France)
Love you all lots



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SquirrelSquirrel
Squirrel

Heaps of these buggers in the parks
Westminster AbbyWestminster Abby
Westminster Abby

There was a wedding on around the corner in a little church they day I was here


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb