Day 3 - 1st full day in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 24th 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I didn't sleep too bad last nite even though there's constuction going on right outside our window...the hostel is across the road from St. Paul's Cathedral so every 15mins, we can hear the bells from that as well!
We got up at about 730-8am, had breaky at 830am and then called Mick & Di to sort out where we would meet them tomorrow.

For today, we thought we would try and watch the changing of the guards and go to the London eye. Just around the corner from our hostel, there's an information centre so we went and got some directions for the London Eye...she told us it would be a 20min walk but it took about 30mins to get there. The weather today is pretty cold but the sun is out so its an ideal day to do the london eye! It takes about 30mins to go around and you get as high up as about 140m(something like that..cant really remember exact). We got some good pics from up there but everything started to look the same by the time we got off!

We got off that at about 11am and the changing of the guards happens at 1130am so we decided we'll do that another day(it's on every even day in january). We weren't sure what else we could do around there so we just wondered around until we found something. That something ended up being a random art exhibition of comics and animation...nothing too exciting.

During our wondering, we walked past a tube station and decided to get on a train and go meet Mick and Di. We got on the tube at Westminster which took us to Waterloo. Then we got the overland train to Clapham Juntion and Mick & Di's photo shop is just across the road from the station. They have one store there and another one in Brixton. Mick was at the Clapham store and after meeting him and having a chat, he walked us to the bus stop and we went over to Brixton to meet Di. (I would just like to point out that after catching all these trains and buses, we haven't been lost once!! touch wood...) We had a good chat with Di and worked out where to meet them tomorrow and then left her to get back to work. By this stage we were STARVING!!! and guess what was next door??? Subway!!! Oh it was the best feed I'd had since the rowing club in sydney!!

There wasn't much to do in Brixton so we got on the tube back to Oxford then onto another one which took us back to a station near our hostel. It's now 3:45pm and now that im up to date with the last few days, I might go for a walk to check out the area...
The weather is above zero..just..but Di said it's one of the coldest days they've had lately so I'm pretty happy with that because I don't think its too cold...

I will try and keep this as up to date as possible but I'm not sure how often I can get to a computer while I'm on Contiki for the next 3 1/2 weeks. If I cant get to a computer then there will be lots to read when i get back so you will all have to wait patiently!!

Advertisement



24th January 2006

haha, dude sounds like you and boof are almost in the same area, n been doing the same things. He's in crew in thats any where near you. Keep an eye out... sounds so exciting everything you've been up to. Have a super cool time in contiki. LOve you BUTIFUL xoxo
25th January 2006

comme stai(can i stay)............
hello kelly and ash sounds like u r having a smashing time over in london....kel could u tell ash that she hasn't sent me a e-mail yet and i am waiting....i got my haircut todAY...it looks mad its very short!...buddy was annoying this morning...i did a ergo this morining....yee....am i on ash's e mail list? well this was meant ot be a comment but bits turning long!hope u liked my recording! love ya from rach! p.s mum and dad say hi!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb