On ya, Dobbo!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
November 28th 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After watching the All Blacks in Cardiff, the following weekend I had another dose of Kiwi testosterone - seeing Dave Dobyn in concert and catching up with an old workmate from my first job. (Can't believe it's been eight years since then!)

Dave Dobyn was legendary, and even though his first hour was devoted to his latest album, the second part of his set consisted of all the old classics. Nostaligia was so high, I didn't even get bothered by the number of balding heads in the audience. He played at Neighbourhood - the same venue as Opshop when they first toured last year, which really is a hidden gem.

On the Saturday night I met up with some girlfriends and my old friend Iain at Waxy's Bar in Pic Circus. (We worked together at the Christchurch Citizen newspaper in 2002, and he's been a photographer at the Waikato Times ever since.) Rather glamourously, he toured with the ABs for six weeks as a photographer, so I got to see him in Cardiff and London. Not having learnt anything in the last eight years, we got suitably boozed and all ended up at a club downtown. Nothing's changed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

McGregor hits LondonMcGregor hits London
McGregor hits London

Some things never change...!
Me and McGregorMe and McGregor
Me and McGregor

Can't believe it's eight years since we were rocking The Citizen!


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb