Stan Stan Squirrel Man


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
October 13th 2007
Published: February 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Whilst looking for jobs, Nicola and I had a bit of spare time so checked out some of the local sights. Putney is a nice area with parks, the Thames and a high street for shopping and socialising.

One of the days we walked for a few hours along the Thames. We discovered that Fulham’s football ground - Craven cottage is really close by. It’s a shame they are getting hammered this year, well not really, come on Arsenal.

Other things we stumbled upon were some funny signs on the pavement that were for ‘no dog poo’. I have no idea why they needed to make the picture feature the poo having steam coming off it. I’m sure the council got a few complaints from the locals when they were first installed. Unless, that is, they only mind steaming poo, and couldn’t care less about cold dog poo.

This sign though was nothing compared to the one about rats, I’ll let you read that for yourselves. Make sure your not eating when you read it.

Another day we went into Hyde Park for a stroll. I still crack up at seeing squirrels everywhere; check out the two having a fight that I got on video. An old guy, who I have dubbed ‘Stan Stan Squirrel man’ was feeding them. He was talking to the squirrels, they obviously understood him because they were running up onto his park bench and grabbing food right out of his hand, and then would jump, sometimes even flip back onto the ground. Some brave pigeons were trying to get in on the act but Stan Stan was having none of that cussing at them terming them winged-rats. I think he should take his show on the road. He already has a kick-arse name, all he needs now is a cape. Maybe with a giant S on it. Hang on Superman has that already. He could have 2 S’s! He’s better than Superman already.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb