This is london baby!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 13th 2006
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London

This is where we went to London

The HotelThe HotelThe Hotel

The hotel room in which we stayed, the bed was huge!!!
We finally made it after being here for 4 and a half months.... London! I was on a mission to see everything I possibly could, even though I know we would come back here as often as we can.

We arrived by train at 8.30pm having to get straight onto the tube which was an experience. There were so many people rushing around like it was the last minute of their lives not even thinking about the little kiwi girl trying to find out what tube she needed to get on, or where to go. To be safe we brought the ticket that covered all 6 zones as there were so many warnings around, saying 'if you don't have the right ticket you could be charged... etc etc' although on the second day I realised that everywhere we went was based in zone 1, so we weren't to worry.

After about 30mins of trying to find out where we were going, we were on the tube nearing our destination... Trafalgar square where we would be staying for the next 3 nights. As soon as we walked out the tube station there in all it's glory stood Nelson's column and
Trafalgar squareTrafalgar squareTrafalgar square

This is Trafalgar square in all it's glory
the centre of Trafalgar square, with fountains, a big lion sitting proud, lights galore and the biggest christmas tree ever!! it was amazing. All Kevin and I could say was 'wow were in LONDON!'

40mins later Kevin and I are walking around and around Trafalgar square trying to find the street with our hotel on it. Trying to ask anyone walking along the street but they were just as clueless as us. Typical! We weren't to know that we had passed it two or three times, and that the sign we were reading wasn't the street sign, but telling us where the tube station was. But it was all worth it, as the hotel was gorgeous, looking over the city, seeing the London eye and big ben in the distance. Ready to be explored tomorrow.

http://www.travelblog.org/gmaps/map_2Oi.html


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

What a beautiful day at Trafalgar Square.
Nelson's ColumnNelson's Column
Nelson's Column

In Trafalgar square, it's huge!!
The lionThe lion
The lion

The lion in Trafalgar Square, just underneath Nelson's column. Look how big it is compared to Kevin
Gorgeous FountainGorgeous Fountain
Gorgeous Fountain

This is all in Trafalgar Square


15th February 2007

Great photos
Hi Kev, looks like you are having a fantastic time travelling around. Showed Nanna the photos on their computer - all is well this end... Nanna is hoping to send you an email soon as she has forgotten what to do!!! and needs to read the manual - lots of love anyway. She is very happy to know that you have settled down and enjoyed your trip to her home town - London.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb