Holland Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Kensington
May 16th 2021
Published: May 16th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Dutch GardenDutch GardenDutch Garden

Tulips were blooming in the Dutch Garden.
We travelled to central London a couple of time last year to visit Wakehurst Place and Ashridge Estate, but have not gone into the West End since the pandemic began. We visited Holland Park near Kensington High Street several years ago and decided to visit there on 12th May.



Firstly, we strolled around formal gardens next to Holland House. In Dutch Garden there were collections of two coloured, Pink/purple and white tulips and bed flowers and they were blooming beautifully in knotted gardens.

Secondly, we went to Kyoto Garden, traditional Japanese zen garden. There were signs shown on the footpath – visitors are asked to walk around in the clockwise direction and not to stop especially on the stone bridge near the waterfall. Some people seemed to be ignoring signs – the annoyed visitor asked them (who were stopping at the bridge to take photos) if they had read the sign. This well-designed zen garden attracted a lot of visitors.

Thirdly, we explored around a large area of woodland on the north side of the park. There were a wide variety of shrubs, conifers and trees and the dense woodland have become the home to a
HeronHeronHeron

Heron was sitting in the Japanese Garden.
wide variety of waterfowls and wildlife – we saw very tame herons sitting on the lawn in the Japanese garden and fetching a carp in the pond; several squirrels were running across the grounds, climbing trees and asking humans to give them food; a jay sitting on the tree and a peacock opening his wing. They don’t seem to be afraid of human visitors.

On the way back home, we noted classical music was played behind the closed doors. Situations of the pandemic have been improved – we hope this open air concert hall will be reopened soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

JayJay
Jay

I managed to take a photo of Jay in Holland Park.
PeacockPeacock
Peacock

As well as other animals, peacocks lives in Holland Park. The male peacock opened his wing, but didn't look at me at that time.


16th May 2021

Such lovely parks
What lovely parks you have been able to visit recently . Thanks to your lovely photos , I feel that I am there .

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb