Osterley Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Heathrow Airport
November 27th 2017
Published: November 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We went to Osterley Park on 21 November. Approaching from Osterley Station on the Piccadilly Line, we walked through South Avenue flanked by fields of wheat and pasture, rural touch of west outskirts of Greater London. Limes and horse chestnuts trees were standing and they showed colourful autumn leaves.



Having arrived at lunch time, we popped in the National Trust Restaurant in the Stable Block. We both had squash soup and a cup of tea.



As planned, we decided to stroll through the garden. The historic trees, Cedars of Lebanon, planted in 1760s, were thriving, and showed colourful leaves and nuts. We ambled through the winter garden by the garden house. Many colourful stems and leaves decorated in the former pleasure grounds surrounded by arboretum and conifers. We continued walking on the woodland. There were a wide variety of trees and shrubs – many of them showed red, orange, gold and yellow foliage and these leaves were falling on the grounds little by little, evergreen shrubs and trees were thriving – they all created wonderful landscapes. We also found various types of fungi growing on the thick ancient oak trunks.



There were various walks introduced. We tried the trail which led us to the footpath along the middle lake and enclosures of pasture adjacent to Osterley Park. These enclosures were grazed by cattle, horses, lambs and calves and offered the contrast rural landscape behind the busy M4 roads and aeroplane routes towards Heathrow. These farm animals looked amazing. One of the big calves had managed to go under the fences and stood on the trekking course. We managed to walk past him quietly. We found very interesting fungi along the farm trail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb