Published: April 19th 2010April 19th 2010
Monday 19.4.2010 day 187
Volcanoed in the UK still
Well we were due to fly out of the UK tomorrow at 3:30 but at about 3:30 today they cancelled our flight even though they are saying that they may start flying out at 5:00 tomorrow. So it looks like we have just missed our flight out. We tried to call Qantas who we booked our round the world trip with but I wanted on hold for about 3 hours and there was no answer. I cannot rebook the flights online as they are round the world tickets. I have looked on line with flights we can use our tickets for and there are no seats to our current destination for 2 weeks. There as flight close to our current destination but not for a week. I do not know if they will let us change destination. The longer it is till I can re book the flights the long it will be till we can get out. As the career is (even though the ticket was booked with Qantas) BA is an EU airline they have to pay our accommodation and food but as we cannot get hold of them I do not how they will do this or if they will not cover it as we are Qantas customers. I am hoping that our insurance will cover the accommodation cost that we have booked at our destination but we do not know if they will or not yet. It is hard know what to do when you do not know how long you have till you will get out or if your cost will be covered or not?
Too make matters worse they have now cancelled the Moto GP in Japan this weekend so we have nothing to look forward to. They have moved it to October so maybe we can go see the race live then?