Golden Balls to Blondie


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
July 28th 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dad decided that he'd make the most of the sun and go running on Monday morning while Mum and I headed back to Madame Tussauds. We got there shortly after opening and were shocked that there was still a crowd out the door! Luckily the queue only lasted half an hour, but it was still incredibly packed inside. The wax models were exceptionally life-like as you'll see in the photos and we laughed and screamed our lungs out in the 'Chamber of Horrors' section!

After lunch Mum had a final look around Hammersmith before we missioned it out east to the Excel Motor Show Music Festival. (I had Googled high and low to find a sports event or concert while they were here and came across the festival which had a different concert every night for two weeks.) That night Blondie was performing and it was their only London show. (I knew Dad would recognise some of the songs seeing as they've been performing for over 30 years heehee!) Our tickets entitled us to free entry into the Motor Show in the Excel Exhibition Centre first, and while we aren't really into cars, we decided to head along earlier to check it out.

We started by catching a tube to Westminster and had a quick look around the main sites before boarding a Thames Clipper at Waterloo Pier. It was really good value for £4, as it took about half an hour to travel to Canary Wharf past all the main sites. From there we took an underground and then an overland train to Royal Victoria Dock, so I think by the time we got to the venue, Mum and Dad were well and truly over public transport (especially in rush hour)!!

Joel met us there after work, and we checked out the motoring exhibits before having pork, stuffing and apple sauce rolls and heading to the concert! Blondie put on a great show, performing many of their big hits and even Dad and Joel joined us for a dance near the end!

It was so sad saying goodbye at Heathrow the following morning, where they headed off to Vancouver Island to meet up with Ryan and Nic again. I'm glad I took a week off work, and I guess I'm lucky to have seen them twice over here in little over a year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb