Blogging good times


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
July 4th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The StablesThe StablesThe Stables

Camden Markets, awesome shops and hidden treasures to buy.
Hello All,

Here's the update on what we've been up to lately:

Craig and I have both been getting work. Which is good, cos that helps pay the bills, and my addiction to Poundland... although I have found the 99p store, which is my new favourite!

We both had a day off on Friday, so went to Camden Town Markets, which for those back home, are sort of similar to the markets in Melbourne, only a thousand times bigger and better. Reminded us of Bali a little bit. They are in the old stables, so they put giant horse statues everywhere... kinda cool... We spent the afternoon there, and strolled the streets looking for 'treasures'. Craig came away with a quality Top Hat. (our time in Bali, meant we'd learnt to haggle a good deal!) I added another magnet to our slowly growing collection.

After the markets we headed over to Hyde Park, where the Wireless Music Festival was playing. We missed out on getting tickets, but thought we'd peek through the fence. We sat on the grass out the front and heard Bruno Mars playing. If we had a longer attention span then we might've stayed
giant horse nostrilgiant horse nostrilgiant horse nostril

One of the many oversized horse statues... I'm a horse booger! haha!
on to hear the Black Eyed Peas. We caught the Tube home, and as usual something was delaying the trains- let it be a signal fault, maintenance, 'someone on the line', terminating due to closed lines, ANYTHING that is gonna slow you down, the Tube will think of. Instead of taking 20mins to get home on one train, we ended up swapping and changing about 4 times, and taking over an hr to get home!!

We leave for Spain in a week. Leaving on Monday with a tour group to do/see the Running of the Bulls. Craig's pretty excited... I'm keen for the after party, not so much the running... even less for the Bulls. So, we'll have a little bit more excitement to post after our first trip to Europe! We're gone from the 11th-16th July. Won't be taking the laptop, cos we don't really want it stolen...

We live right across the road from a giant park, which has a golf course available, however you have to either BYO or rent clubs. We are too cheap to do that, so we (meaning Craig, myself, and housemates Ash, Josh and David) went down to the 99p store
Hally and his HatHally and his HatHally and his Hat

The top hat makes mini golf with plastic kiddies clubs so much more gentlemanly...
(told you it was awesome) and bought some kiddies plastic golf clubs with balls and tees and a hole! BARGAIN! lol! So we all headed over to the park with our bucket of drinks, and our clubs ready to play a round of golf on the mini putt putt. I'm not sure who won, cos we just ended up whacking it wherever. We then played frisbee and had a kick and a catch of the footy that Craig brought over from Australia.

We're getting along well with our housemates. Played Monopoly last night... I lost... we won't talk about that anymore. haha!

Apart from that, we've just been getting on with daily life now in London Town. Food shopping, which is a 10min walk away- thank goodness Aimee (another housemate) has a granny trolley we can borrow! Working, at various times and places, and trying to get fit, by running/exercising in the park.

That's about it. We probably won't blog again until after Pamplona.
So, Stay safe, have fun, and we will do the same!

Love
Rachel and Craig


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Pro Golf Tour 2011Pro Golf Tour 2011
Pro Golf Tour 2011

Champion Golfers from Flat 2
Footy!Footy!
Footy!

Having a kick and catch in the park
RuinsRuins
Ruins

Some of the ruins in the park. Rachel's hidey spot is in that door and up the stairs, shhh!
SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL!
SQUIRREL!

Just one of the many squirrels that we see. I named this one Snickers. GET SOME NUTS! haha!


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb